30.3.16

Body confidence || 30 day shred

Body image and body confidence is something I have always struggled with. No matter my size, I have always found something to be u happy about. I hate the word FAT but I always refer to myself as being that.

I am now at a point in my life where I feel I need to not only be healthy and confident for myself but also for my children. Especially my daughter. I can't speak for men but for women "your size" seems to be important in the media and I hate to admit it, but I do compare myself with "those people". I don't want my daughter growing up thinking she has to be something she isn't or doesn't want to be, (same for my son).

I am genuinely not happy with my body. I am the biggest I have been and why I may appear an average size to most, I don't feel happy or confident. 12 years in a relationship and two children later, your body does change and you do become comfortable and I'll admit I have let myself go a little.  The confidence is my main reason for starting my health kick. I'm tired of feeling deflated when I go clothes shopping and things don't fit me or look the way I had imagined they look. I don't have a particular size or weight in mind. I just want to feel confident! I know people who are a size 6 and people who are a size 18 and they too feel how I feel. 

It's not just about size and weight. I have several health problems that seem to ease when I take better care of myself. Eating abit healthier and exercising seems to not only help my back and stomach problems but also relieve stress and anxiety! 

So I have set myself a little challenge. I am a classic yo yo dieter and fitness fanatic. I really am a all or nothing girl, and so far that hasn't worked out. So I'm embarking on a lifestyle change. Still allowing myself the odd treat but making exercise a part of my everyday life.



Throughout April I am going to be doing Gillian Michaels  "30 day shred". I have started many times and never seen it through to the final 30 days. I start to see results and I then allow myself to eat what I want and work out less and so I fall back to my old ways.

I thought if I shared this with you all on my blog it would keep me motivated. I will post a mid way update on day 15 and on the 1st May I will post my results! I don't feel confident enough to post my current photo. I am a little worried I will fail but positive mind, positive life and al that.

I would love if any of you would like to join me on my 30 day shred! It's a short 20 minute workout, every day for 30 days. There are 3 levels and you do each level for 10 days. I have never made it to level 3 so wish me luck! 

The DVD can be purchased on Amazon or it can be viewed on good old YouTube! 

If you are on a journey to a healthier and more confident you I wish you all the best, and if you haven't but want to start, I hope this has given you a little motivation.

I'm determined to stay positive and motivated and I can't wait to share my results with you in 30 days!

Thank you for reading. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig