13.4.16

Losing my way...



If you are one of my regular readers, or followers on my Instagram, you tube etc, you will know I have been a bit quiet of late.



There are a few things going on in my personal life and why I am happy to share some things, some I feel should remain private. I will be honest and admit I have been struggling. Struggling with anxiety, stress, dealing with personal matters and worried about making the best choices for my family. Without getting in to it, we are moving house and why I was unhappy at first, I am now embracing the house move and feel its on to bigger and better things. Its local to us so wont disrupt family life too much. I'm not a fan of change but the idea of decorating and furnishing a new home has swayed my opinion...and making it Instagram worthy.


I feel I have lost the love of blogging and vlogging. I think I have been focusing on the wrong things. Worried no one finds what I'm writing interesting, not reaching enough people or getting enough likes and subscribers. After thinking it through and reading and watching fellow bloggers and vloggers I've realised what's important and why I started blogging and now vlogging in the first place.


I was a stay at home mum, looking after my family and I felt I had lost my way. As much as I loved being at home with my children,I no longer had anything that was for me or mine. My anxiety was starting to ease a little and I wanted to have an outlet for my sadness, anger, happiness and share my journey through motherhood, and share all I have learnt. I have found the tips I've learnt from reading blogs and watching vlogs invaluable, so why not share my thoughts and tips with the world!?!

why my blog may have not gone in the direction I thought it would, its taken one that I am truly grateful for. Just one comment or one post like means the world to me. I receive messages and comments from followers saying that have watched or read what I've posted and its really helped them, or made them laugh or inspired them, and to me that is all I wanted. Aside from my children, I wanted to leave my mark on the world, I love helping people and interacting with others and for me blogging and vlogging seemed like the best way to achieve that. As cheesy as it sounds if my posts help just a few people, that makes me really happy. I'm told to write and film what interests me, so that's what I will continue to do. The right audience will come my way.

We live in such a tech savvy world now, and everyone and his dog is on social media...and I do mean that literally! I am a social media addict as a lot of us are add I| think its a powerful tool when used correctly and appropriately can change and make a difference in the world.


I will be honest and admit I haven't given the time and attention my blog and channel have needed and deserved, and to my followers I apologise. Your comments and likes and the fact you take the time out of your day to read or watch my posts mean so much to me, and I will be putting in a lot more effort from now on. They say "do a little of what makes you happy everyday" so that is what I am going to do. I plan on creating a "blogging space" in my new home so I have a creative area to sit, relax and post away.

This has been very random and full of rambles, so if you have made it this far, congratulations and thank you!!!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig