16.2.17

#VicksTricks Challenge


If you have been a follower of my blog and social media accounts you will know we have been hit hard with the winter bugs recently. My poor little ones haven't seemed to get a break. When they are poorly there are many things you can do to help ease there symptoms a comfort them.

I have taken part in the #VicksTricks Challenge to share with you all how I comfort my children when they are poorly.



Cuddles~ When my little ones are poorly there is nothing they love more than snuggling down with mummy and knowing I am there.

Disney Movies~ Lets be honest who doesn't love a Disney movie. They are feel good films and they remind me of my childhood and my sick days when I would snuggle down on the sofa to watch my favourite Disney films.

Books~ My children love to read and be read too. We were very kindly gifted the famous book " The rabbit who wants to fall sleep", known for its ability to make children fall asleep. I will confirm by page 4 I have two snoring children!

Vicks Vapour Rub*~ When they are snotty and congested my go to product is Vicks vapour rub. Rubbing a small amount of their chest and back, helps them breathe little easier, especially at night, and for that cough that keeps them awake all night, a small amount of vapour rub on the soles of their feet and cover them with socks is usually the trick to a good nights sleep.

Laughter~ They say laughter is the best medicine and my children love to laugh. When they are feeling unwell I try to distract them with pulling funny faces, or showing them the funny snap chat filters to make them laugh. I tell them funny stories and do some crazy dancing to make them feel a little better.

Vicks conducted a survey of 2000 parents asking them what they do to comfort there little ones when they are poorly.
  • Over half (52%) of parents said that rest was the most important thing for making children feel better
  • This was followed by ‘medicine’, which 40% of parents rely on
  • More than a third of parents (36%) believe in the power of TLC
And when it comes to keeping children entertained:
  • Three out of four (75%) British parents put on the TV or a DVD
  • Over a quarter (27%) read to their children
  • 1 in 10 parents get really creative; either telling jokes (8%) or even do magic tricks (2%)
Family Psychologist Corinne Sweet highlights that “one of the most powerful antidotes to sickness developing further, is parental care and concern.” 
Corinne advises that “listening to a story or watching a film is a good idea, as it is soothing and promotes laughter (an immune booster). But don’t let them play video games, watch scary films or spend hours on screens. This will keep their minds over-stimulated, when their immune systems need gentler stimulation and rest.”


How do you comfort your little ones when they are poorly? share your tricks on twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #VicksTricks

*This post is an entry for the #VicksTricks Campaign
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig