10.5.17

MIA and finding my Purpose in life



I'm Baaaccckkkk!!!!

I have taken an unexpected break from blogging. for many reasons really. The main one being that Rich returned from deployment and we needed this past month to reconnect as a family and spend some quality time together . I have every intention of recording what we have been up to and sharing our amazing holiday to Walt Disney world with you all. But sometimes I think its not only important, but necessary to take a step back from social media and "sharing" and just be present in the moment.


Another reason is I felt like I've lost my blogging mojo. I have for one reason or another not made my blog and YouTube channel as public as it could/ should be. I have no problem talking and writing for strangers but the idea of friends and family watching and reading makes me nervous. which I know sounds ridiculous. But it makes me happy and its something I enjoy and I've come to realise they can either support me or not and I'm fine either way. Life is far to short to not do something because you are worried about what others may think. Grab the bull by the horns as they and go for it!

I will admit I have been guilty of comparing myself to other bloggers and vloggers and that is never a good thing. I think as humans we are all guilty of comparing ourselves to others. Truth be told it hasn't done anything for my self esteem or my confidence, so I asked myself, why am I doing it? Why am I so bothered about what others are doing? While I don't have the biggest following in the world, I have a group of lovely loyal followers who always take the time to read and comment and it really makes my day.

I feel recently I have struggled with my purpose in life. Other than being a mother I don't feel I have anything that's just mine. Then I realised I do...my blog and my channel. I am no zoella but I have helped women through my posts and videos about anxiety and the highs and lows of motherhood, and that means more to me than anything. Recently I had a women write to me to say that because of my post on Instagram about mental health and my experience, she realised she too was suffering and went to the doctors and is getting help and it was because of my post, and that she wanted to thank me. I don't think she truly knows how much her words meant to me. To know that I have helped someone in that way has made me realise my purpose. That I can turn a truly awful period in my life in to a positive one by helping other women.

So with that being said, I'm working on a series of blog posts and videos sharing my experience, what has helped me and how I manage it on a daily basis. If it only helps a handful of people, I will feel like I have done some good in the world. I believe everything happens for a reason, and maybe this is the reason I have gone through what I have. So that I can now be in position to help others. So watch this space....

I feel this is now a good place to wrap up this rambling post. There is so much more I can and want to say as my life as been flipped upside down recently, but as I said , everything happens for a reason and I hope to have lots of exciting news to share with you all soon.

If you have made it to the end of this blog post...Congratulations and thank you!

Natasha x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig